How to make adjustable ear ties for your mask
To change your ties from around the head to around the ear, follow these instructions.
Use your tie that came with the mask, or use your favorite tie material like yarn, ribbon, or elastic.
1) Remove the tie from your RaeBean Collection mask and cut in half – OR – Cut two lengths of your preferred tie to 20 inches long.
2) Use a safety pin to guide the tie through your mask. Pin it to the end of your tie.
3) If you want the adjustable end of your tie to be below your ear, the safety pin end (or the end you loop around your finger) needs to be the tie at the bottom – or flat side – of your mask.
Thread the safety pin from the top of mask to bottom.
4) Pull tie so it’s even lengths on both sides.
5) Hold the left tie in your left hand as shown.
6) Take the side with the safety pin and wrap around the back of your finger and through the opening created by looping ties – see image.
7) Repeat with another loop. You will have two loops around your finger as shown. The safety pin end should be to the left of the loops.
8) Thread safety pin under the loops from left to right – or the opposite direction from the end without the safety pin.
9) Does yours look like this? GREAT!
10) Gently pull the two ends, tightening the knot.
11) The end with the pin is the non-moving end. Remove the safety pin and tie a knot at the end of the tie. Cut shorter if necessary.
12) Test the length of your tie around your ear and mark where you want to cut the excess of the long tie. Make a knot.
13) Cut the excess tie material and you’re done. Repeat with the other side.